Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Guess what came today!!

When we got to the mission office there was our Christmas package from our cute family.  Our first mail from home!!  We were told it's the biggest package that has ever been sent to the mission.  It was mailed on October 23rd and made it all the way to Monrovia, Liberia on November 13.  Not bad!


You can see the big hole in the box and all the red postal tape someone put around it to try and keep everything in.  We're very grateful to who ever tried to 'save our stuff'.


This is what the tape looks like up close.


We didn't open any of the gifts that were wrapped with Christmas paper BUT you can see the condition of this one.  "Hmmmm, I wonder what's in this package?"


Look at the cute Christmas wreath made with the cut-out hand shapes of all our grandchildren.
There was also lots of homemade Christmas cards.  We decided to open and read one a day to spread out the fun.  Then we'll tape them up to use for our decorations.


Look at all the fun stuff they sent.  Even the inside of the box they sent it all in was decorated.  I couldn't help thinking about all the hands that had packed this box for us.  I think I'll hang on to the box for a while!!



These were some of the cute pictures drawn on the inside of the box.


They even made Bratsalies.  We make these Swiss cookies with our grandchildren every Christmas.  This year they made them for us.  They arrived in pieces, but tasted just as good.  Good job you guys!

Thanks to our wonderful family for all the hard work that went into getting this package to us. I tell the missionaries that I'm just as excited to give them their packages as they are to get them.  Know what?  I think it's more fun to get one!!



5 comments:

  1. That poor box, it did not look that way when I dropped it off at the post office :) I am so glad it arrived in pretty much one piece. We had a great time putting it together for our awesome parents. We felt like the bratselies were missing something this year, maybe it was you :) We hope you know how much we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it made it! I prayed for that package more than once! I agree with Lara, those bratselies were definately missing your special touch! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Glad it made it! You are right - love was tucked into every single corner. Merry (early) Christmas! Love you both so much. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!! I was so surprised to hear of your tradition of making bratslies every year. We have the same tradition in the Bowring family. It's just not Christmas til we make a few thousand of them!!! What a coincidence!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I ask someone to tell me the best address to send packages to. Sorry but thank you. FYI I live through your families blog.
    David Gunnell
    dsgunnell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete